New Commercial Roof Construction
Getting a new roof construction done in your commercial structure in Detroit, Michigan is a very good idea and more than that it is a very good business. Along with providing some great value to your land, a newly constructed roof will bring a feeling of safety and security among your workforce and all your esteemed customers. We do understand the fact that the installation of a new roof for your commercial space is a very pricey choice for you to opt for but if you look at other hazard factors it is going to save you a lot of money in the near future. If you sum up all the repairs and maintenance cost of your old commercial roofing and the damage that might happen due to its failure, you might easily see, that this onetime prohibitive investment on new roofing is much lower when compared with all these negative impacts of an old roof which has lived its life.
Installation Of A New Commercial Roof
We at roofer-detroit.com, having more than a decade long experience guarantees the best construction and installation of roofs of the different commercial structures having diversity in shapes and sizes. Our highly trained expert employees can handle anything related to your roofing from commercial roof construction to emergency roof repair services and our confidence level is so high that we are providing you 100% guaranteed satisfaction. Our qualified technicians work very precisely and give you the timely report, helping you in getting in-depth knowledge and understand the possible outcome, your monetary restrictions, and your timelines. After gathering all this information, we will be providing you with a tailor- made and unique calculated cost for your commercial roof construction and the workload. Our name roofer-detroit.com is often assigned to the finest workmanship, minimally intrusive work crew, and competitive rates throughout the whole region of Detroit, Michigan, and its suburbs.
Commercial Roof Construction Systems Consists of:
- Asphalt shingle.
- EPDM systems.
- Built-Up systems.
- The specialized coating for cooling roof.
- Modified Bitumen.
- Single Ply.
- PVC & TPO.
- Membranes with the fluid application.
- Sheet Metal.
Roofer-detroit.com has been handling different types of asphalt shingle commercial roof construction which includes tear-offs and layovers. Though the last steps that we take depend on your needs, we can handle anything ranging from a basic shingle structure to building the finest quality roof out there in the entire US. All the shingles that we provide have their own company warranty, along with our own. Our reputation and standing in the market and with all the major manufacturers help us to pass these warranties in no time to our esteemed customers. Be it any type of shingles to be used in your newly made commercial property, roofer-detroit.com has always the best set of solutions for each and every roof. If you need a professional roofer to handle commercial roofing projects like this do search us on Google by typing roofers near me and locate us on Roofer-Detroit.com.
The term EPDM generally stands for Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer. EPDM is an excellent durable synthetic roof membrane used mostly in all parts of the world in low slope buildings. The main ingredients of EPDM are propylene and ethylene that are generally made of natural gas and oil. EPDM has two color options, white or black and are produced in different shapes and sizes. The available sizes range from 45mm and 60 mm and thus its installation is possible in many ways one of which is done by giving it a mechanical attachment or giving it a blast with the sides being sealed with a special type of adhesives and some special type of tape. This roofing type is almost weatherproof giving resistance from storm, snow, wind, hail, rain and very high or low temperatures.
Our decade long experience in applying and building Built-up roofing in short BUR to the commercial properties makes us the best in the segment. Built-up roofing is also termed as “gravel & tar” roofs because of the fact that they consist of fabrics, layered felts, asphalt, tar pitch, or mats with bitumen content. Gravel is mostly put on the surfaces of BURs, providing a protective layer of the cap sheet made of minerals, in short, a basic weatherproof protective coat for the underlying bitumen layers, protecting the roof from the general wear and tear. This installation process is the oldest one in the industry that is still in use when it comes to cover roofs with low slopes.
The cool roof coating system is the most frequently used roofing solution and is increasingly looked at by business owners as it is best known to save money and time. This system can be of many types which include butyl rubber, silicone, neoprenes, hypalons, acrylics, modified asphalts, and polyurethane elastomers. The fact that every roof type is different is very true and thus every roof type may require different specific products. Roofer-detroit.com team of qualified and experienced technicians knows the best- required remedies for each and every roof type. All these years we have been working hand in hand with different big manufacturers and thus we have been authorized by them to apply their products and even give a warranty on them. If you are in search of a roofing company in Detroit, Mi for all your cool roof coatings needs, then there can be no better name than roofer-detroit.com
This is the roofing type that is generally made up of asphalt and reinforced with fiberglass and polyester. This process of modified Bitumen generally makes use of two different types of polymers especially Styrene Butadiene Styrene or Atactic Polypropylene helping it to give greater temperature flexibility and greater elasticity. Due to the use of fiberglass, the roof gets more strength and becomes resistant from puncture and thus the entire structure making it fortified. Roofer-detroit.com is a pro when it comes to the installation of modified bitumen roof structures. We use different layers of modified bitumen which results in increased protection from high and low temperatures and saves the structure from different climatic conditions such as water damage, snow damage or wind uplift.
Generally, single-ply commercial roofing systems are divided into two different parts namely Thermoplastics and Thermosets. Thermoplastic membranes are a single-ply system commonly made from TPO and PVC, and generally come with a reinforcement layer helping it improve the strength and stability. Thermosets membranes generally consist of a special type of synthetic rubber polymers, mainly CSPE, Neoprene, and EPDM. These thermosets serve the purpose for most large commercial spaces, as they are made of a large unbroken metal sheet- allowing maximum coverage with minimum seams. These roof systems are generally weatherproof and give protection from harmful UV radiation. It is always recommended to take proper guidance from a qualified professional while installing this system. We at roofer-detroit.com provide quality service while keeping customer satisfaction in mind.
TPO & PVC are generally white-colored and are highly reflective of the UV radiations. Being reinforced in nature, these roof installations make the commercial roof completely weatherproof. Due to their lightweight nature and being welded with hot air, the PVC and TPO membranes are good for next-generation commercial roof applications. We at roofer-detroit.com having years of experience working with PVC & TPO commercial roofing and provide guaranteed satisfaction so that you can completely rely on us with all your needs.
Fluid applied roofing is a common practice throughout the entire US, and are commonly demanded by many flats, institutions, industries, government building, and many commercial places. This type of roofing can be defined as the process by which a commercial roof is made waterproof by using a cold liquid coating. This is one of the best options for those who have an old commercial roof which is affected by possible degradation. With the help of this process, owners can make a guard for their commercial roofing and help in preventing damage caused by water and provide longevity for the overall building structure. We being the best Detroit Mi roofing company provide you with quality service in a stipulated amount of time.
We at roofer-detroit.com Mi have different types of sheet metal roofing for the new commercial property owners. As we have our own metal sheet workshop, we do offer clients each and everything that they can even imagine. We take care of all types of custom fabrication which including gutters, perimeter edges, ornamentals and many more. We even stock different metal types in the house which include aluminum, copper, stainless steel and many more. If you are interested in this type of roof installation for your commercial space and are looking for a Detroit roofing company give us a buzz on our website today.
Use Of Advanced Roofing Technology While Installing A New Industrial Roof
- It helps in prevention from different health hazards caused by mildew and mold.
- It helps in increasing your commercial property’s overall value.
- It also helps by giving structural support of the entire residential space.
Important Facts That You Need To Know
It might seem that residential roofing is nothing more than just labor work, but it is a lot more than just physical labor. Residential roofing can be identified as a type of art. A new residential roof’s life span is almost a bit more than twenty-five years. The amount that you are going to save from today’s expenditure on your new roofing will surely turn into your futures cost-saving. So if you wait it can turn into a dangerous situation. If you want to convert your old and costly home roof into a brand new one and want the best quality service in entire Detroit, Michigan do reach us at Roofer-detroit.com.
List Of Some Other Services Provided By Roofer-Detroit.com
We at roofer-detroit.com are specialized in all types of your residential and home needs offering 24/7 emergency services to our valued customers. Some of our specialization areas are-
Why are my Shingles Discolored?
As we all know a large part of the USA and as such the state of Michigan and Detroit along with it fall into the topical region, which has a predominantly humid climate. This sort of climate encourages the growth of molds, algae, fungus and the like. They, in turn, cause the discoloration of the colored shingles. Roof maintenance can be done by washing off these weeds firstly with water and then with mild chemicals like hydrogen peroxide.
If that does not solve your problem call Us to give you a professional service of roof repair. Visit Roofer-detroit.com to book the best mold removal service from your roof.
What is the Cost of a New Roof?
A very appropriate question, but any roofer – be a Detroit roofer or any other from the USA, would hesitate to answer. We, Roofer Detroit also do not know the answer to this question. It is something like asking how much metal cost. If you cannot specify the name, quality, and quantity of the metal, this question remains vague and unanswerable.
Similarly, the cost of a new roof construction depends on the size of your building and the material you wish to use for your roofing. Actually, add the cost of expertise and labor to it, which is also a variant and dependent on the previous two factors. So, give us a call in to evaluate your requirement and deliver you an estimate.
If my roof leaks do, I need a whole new roof?
The answer depends upon the condition of the leaking roof. An experienced roofer like Us can probably answer your question after inspecting your place and evaluating the extent of damage and cause of the damage also.
A roof with one or two leakage points may not need a new roof construction and maybe a thorough roof repair will serve the purpose. But if the roof is extensively damaged with quite a lot of shingles missing or maybe the metal or polymer sheet extremely damaged, then a new roof replacement is invariably required. Hence, to book roof leakage repair service, then visit us at Roofer-detroit.com.
How long does it takes to replace a roof?
It depends on the building size, type of roofing material used and most important of all the efficiency and dedication of the roofer who has undertaken the job of new roof construction. We at roofer-detroit.com may take a single day for residential roof construction using asphalt shingles.
Commercial roof construction and construction of a roof for large residential complexes may take a longer time. Also, material like metal sheet or polymer sheet fabricated roof takes a longer time to install and settle. Whatever the place may be or the material used we always speed up our job to take minimum time to minimize your woes. For better roofing services log on to Roofer-detroit.com.
How Long Does a Roof Last in Michigan?
In Michigan or any other part of the world so as to say, the life of a roof depends on three major factors – the climatic condition of the region, material used for the roofing and the skill of the roofer who helped you in setting up the roof. All the four seasons in Michigan affect the life of the roof and special care peculiar to the seasonal need should be taken to extend the lifespan of the roof. Springs are no doubt the best season of the year, but if it is rainfall ridden, then it is sure to affect the longevity of the roof. Similarly, the scorching summer, the moist monsoon, the leaf falling autumn and the serve snowfall of winter affect the life of your roof.
How Long a Roof Typically Lasts
Homebuilding is no doubt a very expensive project. And the most important part of your life also. Remember that the most vital part of your building is its roof. A roof covers the whole house and not only protects the building, but also the inmates of the home. So, special care must be taken of new roof construction and caring for the roof thereafter. The longevity of the roof depends on the material used for roofing. Here we are discussing some of them classified by the type of material used.
Asphalt Shingle Roofs
Asphalt shingles are the cheapest and by far the most common material used for roofing by most Michigan roofing company. Actually, their low cost, sturdiness and the choice of a variety of colors make them a natural choice of most homeowners of Michigan. They provide good insulation for the walls and the home inmates throughout the year. It is also comparatively easier to repair and replace asphalt shingles.
Roof made of asphalt shingles is expected to last for about sixteen to twenty years. But there is a word of caution. The underlying material must be used according to that specified by the manufacturers. Using low- quality cheap material may lower the ultimate longevity of the roof.
The most durable and lightweight roofing material is a metal sheet. And as such, they are much more expensive than asphalt shingles roofing. The average lifespan of a metal sheet fabricated roof is around forty years in the lower end and seventy years on the higher end. This means that a metal sheet roof has two half times to four times life expectancy than one fabricated using asphalt shingles.
Their strength comes with a premium no doubt. They are much more expensive than asphalt shingles. But the initial cost is paid back not only by their durability but also by their energy efficiency and lightweight and guaranteed weather resistance. They are so light, that they can be actually installed over an existing asphalt shingle roof, thus reducing the cost of roof maintenance. Of course, you have to go through the warranty documents before making such a move. So, if you are planning for a home for a lifetime, the metal sheet should be your ideal choice.
Flat roofs are normally made of synthetic material like thermosets and thermoplastics, they are known to wane out harmful ultraviolet rays of the sunlight. Flat roofs made up of such material is expected to have a life as long as asphalt shingles. Actually, these roofs carry a warranty of an average ten to twenty years but can be expected to exist around twenty-five years. Proper care must be taken to lengthen the life expectancy of your flat roof. You must not allow water or snow to collect on the top of your room for long. Regular water removal and rooftop snow removal by a reputed Detroit roofing company like roofer-detroit.com will significantly extend the life of your flat roof.
How Michigan’s Weather Can Affect Your Roof
As we have mentioned earlier, each of the four seasons of Michigan can affect the longevity of your roof adversely in a different way. Let's start with the autumn. In autumn, trees tend to shed leaves. Often dry branches of trees are blown away by the ghastly wind. These dead branches and leaves tend to accumulate on your rooftop and eventually clog your gutter. A clogged drain, in turn, leads to the accumulation of water on rooftop. This significantly affects the life of your roof. So, regular cleaning of dead branches and leaves is required during autumn especially.
Next to autumn comes the winter, the severest season. Winter causes snowfall and eventually accumulation of snow on your roof. The snow is heavy and moist. The moisture dampens your roof, while the weight tends to sag it. Regular rooftop snow removal by a reputed Detroit Mi roofing company like roofer-detroit.com is needed during winter.
There is nothing that can be done to avoid the scorching sun rays falling on the roof during spring and summer days, but please make sure to clean your roof regularly so that the drain does not clog and occasional rainfall does not cause water accumulation and eventually damage to your roof.
The same holds true for monsoon also. Clean your rooftop regularly, so that the gutter is not clogged and rainwater flows out regularly. This ensures that water does not accumulate over the roof and thus it reduces the damage to the roof.
How to Get the Most Value from Your Michigan Roof
Regular and proper maintenance of the roof increases its life and reduces the need for a thorough roof repair. To get the most value from your roof, you have to put in some serious effort to let your roof get a long damage- free life. Regularly check the rooftop for any dry tree branch, leaf or debris and remove them as soon as you see them. During monsoon, check regularly of water accumulation on the rooftop and keep your gutter clog- free. From time to time, also check for any broken shingle and shingle granules in the gutter.
Proper maintenance of your roof has its benefits also. A long-term warranty is valid only if you maintain your roof properly. In case of any doubt feel free to call us at the given number on Roofer-detroit.com. We will be happy to visit your place to inspect your roof and help you with good suggestions.
How long do roofs last?
It depends on the roofing material your roofers in Mi have used to fabricate your roof. If your roof is made of asphalt shingles, it may last on an average of two to three decades, while those made of metal sheet may last up to seventy years. If your roof has already celebrated its twentieth birthday, then it is better to call any roofing company in Detroit like roofer-detroit.com to assess the condition of your roof and give you an estimate of what is to be done, all free of cost. If a roof repair or roof maintenance work serves the purpose then you need not go for new roof construction. Therefore, if you are searching for the best roofers near me, Roofer- detroit.com is the right page to visit.
Do I Need a New Roof?
Do you own or a leaseholder of an old factory shed, warehouse or a residential building? Are you wondering if you need a new roof or the old roof of yours can be repaired to give a new lease of life? Before calling the experts at roofer-detroit.com, you can make a checklist all by yourself after thoroughly inspecting your roof both from inside and outside. Given below are certain points to check and how to perform a thorough check of your roof before deciding to replace your roof with a new one.
Part 1: Perform an Interior Roof Check
The first thing to be done for a roof checking is to check the roof from inside. To do so you must have a powerful torchlight with you. Take the torchlight in your hand and move towards the loft at the top floor of your building. Perform a thorough inspection of the roof from inside and if you find that one or more of the following symptoms with your roof then you surely need a new roof construction.
- Daylight Through the Roof Boards: This check can be done on a sunny day only. Once you reach the loft, before turning on your torchlight check if any stream of daylight is leaking through your roof. Seeing daylight means that light is coming through one or more ruptures in your roof. Leaking in of light means that water also leaks through those breaks. This also indicates your need an immediate roof repair or maybe a replacement.
- Dark Streaks & Stains: Dark streak or strains are quite easy to identify. If after turning your torchlight on, you find them on the insider surface of your roof or also may be on the surrounding walls, then you can be sure that water is leaking through your roof and also damaging your wall. Therefore, your roof needs immediate attention.
- Sagging Areas: Use your hand or maybe a broom to review any sagging spot you can discover on the inside surface of your roof. Just as moisture makes a hard paper board wet, soft and weak leaking water also damages your roof. If on checking the sagging spots on the inside surface of your roof you find them wet and soft, be sure that your roof is being damaged by leaking rainwater and needs fast attention.
- Leaks & Water Damage: Check the inside surface of your roof further if you find sagging areas on them or have seen dark streaks on the roof and adjacent walls. If you find any other sign of water leaking or damage, be sure that you need roof maintenance very soon. Call us at roofer-detroit.com to make an estimate of the extension of the damage in your roof. Our experts will thoroughly examine your roof and give a well-informed suggestion regarding the next move for damage control.
Part 2: Perform an Exterior Roof Check
As interior roof checking informs you of a really damaged roof that needs fast attention, regularly checking the roof from outside is more essential because it may indicate possible roof damage, before actual damage occurs. After you check your roof from inside, make sure to perform a check on the outside of your roof. As you know prevention is better than cure, an external roof checking done regularly may actually prevent your roof from being really damaged, as external checking reveals the early signs of damage and if attended on time may prevent a major overhauling. While checking the outer portion of your roof please check for these ten signs of early damage as mentioned below.
Please note that regular checking by expert Detroit roofing companies like roofer-detroit.com will actually help you to avoid such major overhauling expenditure. And for your information we, the experts of Roofing Detroit do not charge anything to make such checks.
- Dark Streaks & Stain: Check for any dark streaks or strains on the outside surface of your roof similarly as you have checked the inner surface of the roof. If you see a visible strain then probably it is an early sign of water damage. Do not ignore this sort of damage, as they can further worsen the condition of your roof. Call us at roofer-detroit.com, as we can manage such a minor fault with ease.
- Leaks & Water Damage: Like you have checked your roof internally, check the outer part of your roof for any visible leak or water damage. Actually, dark stains, rot on tiles, leaks on any part of the roof or any sagging spot are all signs roof damage caused by water leaking. Do not ignore such leakage or damage however small they may seem. Call us at roofer-detroit.com to put a check on this type of leakage before it grows into a bigger headache.
- Rotting: While inspecting the external part of your roof, check for any early signs of rotting, especially if your building is covered by a wooden or an asphalt roof. Missing, broken or rotten tiles or tiles with moldy build-up are early signs of such rotting and to be attended immediately. Call us at roofer-detroit.com to address such a problem. Because we are the number one Michigan roofing company to handle such a situation.
- Moss & Algae: Though it looks odd, moss and algae growth is not as damaging as other problems are. They can be dealt with ease as they are not signs of real roof damage. Moss and algae growth is very common in the humid tropical region, especially during the monsoon and immediately after it. There is also an easy solution to this problem also. You need to wash away this algae growth with a forceful flow of water, say from a hose can do the job for you. After thoroughly washing the roof surface if you find traces of moss here and there over your roof, try this easy solution. Wash the roof surface again with a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide and water which is sure to remove the remaining algae.
- Decaying Shingles: Roof made of shingles commonly decay or crack as rotting is common among wooden and asphalt roof. You need to look for places where shingles are missing or cracking. Some of the singles may buckle or curl. These are all early signs of decaying shingles on the roof. Call us, the best roofer in Detroit, for immediate attention and to avoid further damage.
- Shingle Granules In The Gutter: If your roof is made of shingles carefully check your gutter. Shingles are generally made of granules bound with some binding material. If you find such pieces or granules of shingles in your gutter regularly, then it may be an indication of serious roof damage caused by rain or snow. Call roofer-detroit.com, the best Detroit roofer, to address the damage caused by decaying shingles.
- Damaged Chimney & Roof Flashing: Roof flashing at the base of your chimney can be a source of roof damage and as such add to your headache. Especially so, if the flashing is made tar or portland cement, used for roofing. It is time you replace your damaged flashing with a durable metal one.
- Roof Valley: The most important portion of your roof is the 'roof valley' or the ridge where the two slanting parts of the roof meets. This is the region through which snow or rainwater flows to the drain. This is also the most vulnerable part of the roof to get water damaged. So, special care must be taken of the roof valley.
- Roof Age > 20 Years: Age of your building and as such your roof’s age is a major factor to decide whether you need a new commercial or residential roof construction. If the age of your roof is something greater than two decades, this may indicate that your roof is damaged beyond repair and need a replacement. If you have purchased a pre-built construction and not sure of its age, depending on your neighbors to convey the information to you. Call roofer-detroit.com to professionally carry out the job for you.
- Shoddy Workmanship: A bad or inferior grade of craftsmanship is most of the time responsible for early damage to your roof and it does not always need an expert to find out the bad handiwork of an unskilled mason. If you find your roof covered with patches and tiles or shingles are unevenly fitted, you may suspect the bad workmanship. Immediately call an expert like Roofing Detroit to set things right.
Part 3: What To Do If You Identify Roof Damage
While checking the interior and the exterior of your roof, note down all your findings. Go through them thoroughly to determine if your roof is really damaged or showing early signs of damage. If you are sure or even in doubt that your roof may be damaged, call us, roofer-detroit.com, to inspect your roof and suggest a repair or replacement of your roof. Our service is free of cost. So, do not wait till things go out of control and you need to call some emergency roof repair services.
So, if you are looking for someone as ‘roof repair near me’, your search ends at Roofer-detroit.com. Call roofer-detroit.com to inspect, evaluate and suggest a replacement or repair of your roof, and after your approval, final fabrication of your job.
Why you should call Us for all your roof repair needs?
Well, there can be several reasons, to answer this as we believe that our work is the best in the industry. But for the convenience of our esteemed customers here is a list of few suitable reasons:
- Our experience and expertise that lasted for the last few decades.
- Our roof inspection services are generally free of charge.
- Our prompt service in your specified location.
- Our honest and straight forward recommendation which are always fully explained.
- Our inventory of resources to complete the job in the stipulated amount of time.
- Only Detroit roofing company providing all these services.